An early start with a low cloud base but surprisingly pleasant thermal conditions with a light westerly. Half hour after take off some lower Cu formed out in front of take off which was fun to fly over and around. We had a window of about 45 minutes with improving conditions and nice climbs in […]
Windy weather and low cloud, but some breaks of sunshine. No flying but an opportunity to make some artificial swarms in some of my hives on the north of the Valley near Tortoles. It is very likely that they
You can read a little more about the long history of problems with the take off (see the PDF article Piedrahita, the first 500 years). The promise of reconditioning the launch area was made nearly two years ago now, but due to a change in political groups in the town hall and lack of money,
Just over a month ago much of the talk is spain was about how to get water to Catalunya because of their drought. Now they are in floods! We managed to salvage one flight yesterday, but Avila as the rest of Spain and much of Europe continues with showery weather. The work at take off […]
We are planning to have two more walking weeks in October 2008. The weeks will run from Sunday to Sunday and will start on October 19th and October 26th. If you would like to book, or would like more information, contact us using the contact page.
After a long delay, the improvement of the take off has finally started. Improvements to the access of the car park and some rain drains have been started to be dug to the top launch. Also some of the larger boulders have been dug out. The idea is to remove the large boulders and cover […]
In early April the whole of Spain was worried about the reservoirs being to low to see us through the year, with water restriction starting to come into effect in many regions. Rainfall in April was about normal for this region, however, after April, things generally start to dry up quite quickly. On the northern […]
Rain and wind so we went to the river Tormes for some boating. The normal sections were far too high, but nobody was that interested in the really high section as it looked a bit tame so we ended up running a mid section which soon proved to be perhaps not such a good idea. […]
Wednesday gave us some showery conditions. After an early flight, we only managed an evening flight when things had calmed down. Dave got to fly the new Airwave Sport 4 which we have in as a demo(see photo), and Steve is on his second day now of demoing the Niviuk Hook.
Yesterday, Monday, some our new group managed the three flights, though generally with local soaring. Today however, a normal day, with good Cu a base around 2800m and light NW winds. On he early flight Keith and myself flew to