Today should be potentially OK for Peña Negra , if, the wind is not to far south west. Certainly a day with less chance of showers and generally light wind. Our biggest problem if it does not come on to the main launch is deciding on a SW site, Lastra, which is close by, or […]
Once again we have a trough directly over us at the moment. Hopefully things will clear as they did yesterday leaving us with an option for flying. The more westerly wind may allow us to fly at Peña Negra.
Finally the wind has dropped and moved more to the south. We have low pressure both to the SW and the NW of Spain with a trough moving through today which will give us rain and also potential storms. Once again a poor outlook for safe paragliding. The lighter winds give us some hope, though […]
Once again the whole of Spain is suffering these strong winds. Today i our area at 1500m we have 40 km/hr, with 60m/hr at 3000m between E and SE. Today we can look at various hiking routes in the Gredos mountains and or do a trip to Avila.
It is so so windy that our plan of going to Chia to try to get an early flight in is a waste of time. We should go to Salamanca or Avila to get Elias checked out.
Conditions today look a little windy from the SE. Our normal site for this is Chia, though we could cosier Tamames, which is quite far. Cloud base looks around 3000m without the danger of the atoms we had yesterday.