A potentially interesting day with a very unstable temperature trace once again allowing easy thermal development to over 4000m. Wind at most levels is in the west and light though the surface winds in the Avila valley seem more N. convergence for sure along the mountains. At 9am the wind is light SE but I […]
What Happened, Chia was just a rough flight for me but we then went to Lastra where we all got of and promptly went to over 4000m and flew the convergence in the plains towards Salamanca. Pretty epic. Back to Chia today again but this time the forecast is for it to drop by […]
Potentially very pleasant day with early inversion breaking and allowing decent climbs to over 2700m if the temperature gets high enough on the ground.No Cirrus today so this is likely. Another flight down to Barco or up to the Tornavacas Pass would be the most likely. Wind moving more SE at the end of […]
A better day for themals with an inversion higher at 2600m. Winds should be light but may increase a fair amount. Easy potential for a flight to Barco de Avila or to the Tornavacas Pass. Maybe not so good to continue due to the low thermal tops. Should be a nice day all in all. […]
Not the day I hoped for.. but initially flyable. Wind is more square on the hill than yesterday so less turbulent in that respect. However a relatively low inversion around 2000m is going to spoil the prospects of an easy XC. Unless this is wrong and we get high then the best option for a […]
Dereck has been with us for the last two weeks and was also out with us earlier in July for 2 weeks when he made his PB distance. Here is my ” Dennis ” version.
A good day for a flight to Avila, going beyond maybe difficult due to the N wind. Inversion at around 2600m, but the day should get going well with good climbs by 1.30pm. Convergence to our south and unlikely in the Avila valley except for the area around Muñogalindo.
Once again light winds with a prediction of a bit of E or SE. However, it should come onto PN as it did yesterday. Trigger temp around 22ºC in the valley. Probably decadent climbs by around 1.30pm. A better chance of a flight more to the north today. We will see!. I include the weather […]
At take off at 9am the wind is gently from the SE, however, with the forecast light winds it should come on to PN. If not then we may go initially to Chia the SE site. Conditions may allow a circuit flight, but if the base stays low (there is an inversion around 2600m) then […]
Here is Luke wearing his aviator googles and helmet which he flies his pg with. I painted him in the RAC 1917 uniform with period plane behind. Origional painting about 90cm tall, this is the low res 800 px version.