Not a bad day with an inversion at 3200 which will prevent cloud build up. The wind is in the E and light. An XC to Barco should be realistic.
light winds from the west so we should have the wind on at the main site of PN. A trough over us though should brighten towards the end of the day. Still a risk of could build up and showers mid afternoon/ Certainly looking better tomorrow and we should be able to get some flying […]
Wind is SE at a launch and forecast to be unto 30km/hr at launch level. This may come onto Peña Negra due to the anabatic slope wind, but we must be wary flying the lee in these conditions. Here is why https://vimeo.com/64294975 Maybe a small thatch at Chia, the SE site. But we will see […]
Could be very similar to yesterday with slightly higher climbs. Or, the SE wind will refuse to come in and we will need to go to Chia, the SE face. Wind at the moment is SE at launch, not too strong, so it should come on like yesterday. We will hold on till 11.45, […]
At last the Hight pressure established. A NE flow with an inversion around 2600m, Should be a reasonable day with prospects for a modest XC towards Barco.
High pressure is approaching though from the north west which for the remainder of the week should leave us with reasonable conditions. Today the instability still exists, though we have a far greater chance of some reasonable flying later in the day. Wind at launch is light SE at the moment. If the wind comes […]
The very unstable conditions continues with cold humid air coming from the south favouring quick development of storms across the Peninsula. Lighter wind from the SW, so we may get an early opportunity, and maybe at the end of the day. However, sky is not clear this morning so we will see how things develop […]
Very unstable and humid airflow with near 30km/hr winds this morning at take off level. The wind should drop by late afternoon. If it clears a little there may be a chance for and evening flight, but small. Tonorrow similarly bad, but improving on Wednesday and should be OK for Thursday and thereafter. Maybe a […]
Still with high SW winds, though may moderate at end of day. Storms rain etc. I will try to explain the basics of reading the skew T this morning.