Seems like an easier day with the wind in the west and should be at Pn by mid afternoon. We may still go early to Lastra to ensure an XC day as it looks good with good thermal climbs to over 3000m and convergence effects north of the Avila Valley.
yesterday, after a swim with the dogs in the Tormes, we finally got flying at Chia, at around 5pm. Some very good thermal climbs, but nobody got away.
Still some wind from the SE this morning but by late afternoon the wind should be on PN. Temperature trace looking decent with good thermal climbs to around 2800m, mainly blue thermals.
Not a great day as the winds are quite strong from the SE. Our site, Chia, will likely be to strong early in the day, so I think we may try a small hill as a soaring option earlier in the day out towards Salamanca (near Alba de Tormes). Quite a poor thermal forecast for […]
East wind yesterday and the most successful morning flight by Michal, who made Barco and back to San Lorenzo. A decent evening flight later soaring on the PN rock face side.
Wind further around to the NE today and a little stronger. Climbs similar to yesterday, but a little more turbulent on the hill due to the direction. today best to go XC with the wind towards Barco.
Cam, who flew for the first time with us yesterday (he has been ill since his arrival) managed a top to bottom and an evening soar for an hour or so. Cam, like Ian last week, has arrived with only a CP to his name and essentially no experience, so every bit counts. Hopefully his […]
A nice day with a light N flow, though inverted a little above take off. Climbs to 2600m later in the afternoon. Good prospects for a modes flight to Barco or to Tornavacas Pass.
Saturday was a great day with various over the Pass, notably Ian, on his first week of paragliding post Cp. Sunday, nice conditions for those who stayed on with Cu and only Michael going over the Pass.
A potentially very good xc day with the usual SW convergence in the Avila valley and beyond. More wind than yesterday and the direct may make us go to La Lastra take off. We will hold out till after 11 to see if it comes onto PN