The end of the week dinner at our place. A week of some stunning flying and 6 big PBs, 5 over 150km and 2 over 200km.
This, Sunday, should be a very pleasant day. A inversion around 2200 to 2400m early in the day but climbs later in the afternoon should reach 3000m. Winds straight on the hill. This is a great day for circuits of the Valley. i.e., Pass, Redroofs, Hoyoredondo etc. Should be excellent evening conditions with restitution.
Classic SW convergence line after Avila towards the N of Segovia, climbs to 3000m and plenty of wind to get you a long way. The only trouble is that that wind is well beyond the comfort level for most paragliding pilots. The good thing is that it is now looking good for tomorrow and the […]
Whilst Lawrence, Stu and Nigel were flying, my early landing allowed me a bit of time to have a go at Kelly Farina and his dog Otto.
Another PB for the week with Lawrence smashing his PB by X3 with an epic run to the NNE and 150km. Nigel made 118km and Stu 95km. Big conditions with climbs to well over 4000m.
We will need to go to La Lastra today in order to ensure a take off, though it will probably come onto PN later, though crossed from W. Decent climbs to c3000m and a distinct convergence from the Sierra de Avila moving NE (far to N of Segovia). This may give us more leeway to […]
What seemed a classic forecast was ruined somewhat by OD [spreadout]. Tim was able to snatch a thermal from the sun in the valley and do a nice out and return in the Salamanca direction. The rest of us had multiple attempts with some slow thermal climbs
An amazing day if we believe the forecast. Light winds, so circuit flying the best idea. Some convergence into the Avila Valley, and behind launch and the Pass. Perhaps, the Bend in the Road, Barco then back. Most things would work today with this forecast. small inversion around 1500 early in the day and trigger […]
Very pleasant conditions yesterday with mostly the group flying circuits around the valley between the pass and Baroc. Helen probably did the most with about 50km.
A NW flow in our valley but probably NE in the Avila valley. Strongish winds in the Barco area. I would suggest we will be crossing the Pass and returning when the headwind gets the better of us, probably before la Torre.