Less unstable and more chances of some success

A SW wind around 15km/hr at take off level and  rising to around 35- 40km/hr at cloud base.  Wind bars on forecast seems stronger on the south side of the Gredos so I am not sure going to Pedro Bernardo is the best option, especially since I believe the wind will probably come onto Peña Negra later in the day.  I think our best option is probably an earlish trip to La Lastra and then Peña negra later in the day.

There is a nice inversion starting around 3100 m which should cap much of the vertical development in the clouds.

Yet again not an easy day, but at least we have the opportunity to try to fly today.

We will leave around 9.45 to 10 am for Lastra de Cano (about 20km away by road)


skew T

Posted: Friday, June 12th, 2015 at 08:00 by Steve Ham in Daily Report.

Leave a response!

Leave a Comment

To avoid spam, there will be a delay while your first comment on the site is approved.

After this, use the same name / email and all further comments will be added immediately.

Welcome to the blog!

Please feel free to add comments to any of the items.

Note that to avoid spam, your first comment must be approved. If you use the same name and email, all further comments will be added immediately.

Search Posts

June 2015