We took off early, perhaps too soon, but considering the forecast we thought it best. Stayupable early on, but most landed expecting winds and we could see big congestus over the back and towards Avila. However, winds did not really kick in until late afternoon, so another local flight was made.
Not such an easy day today, we still have the NW flow but with higher winds, though in our area they should be manageable early on. An early inversion, but with temperatures reaching c30ºC a high risk of stacked Cu and possibly some showers of Cb towards the end of the day. We will probably […]
Yesterday the day switched on very early with strong climbs from around 12.45 when we took off. Very light winds and what seemed like constant lift to Barco. Steve and I went up towards the Tornavacas Pass and found above 3500m a SW wind. Only Thomas successfully returned to Piedrahita from Barco. Excellent evening conditions […]
Please feel free to add comments to any of the items.
Note that to avoid spam, your first comment must be approved. If you use the same name and email, all further comments will be added immediately.