A tricky day, but maybe something early on.
The wind has now gone S south at PN. We can have a quick look at the S site, but due to the forecast I think this is not worth it. I would suggest a trip to Salamanca.
Low pressure and frontal systems moving through with winds to the W and SW which are on the strong side for decent recreational PGing. However, the Hirlam surface winds are not to bad early on and local micrometerology and convergence effects may once again enable us to get a bit of flying even though the surrounding areas are blown out. At 9.30am the wind is very light on the hill from the NW. Tomorrow is post cold frontal with the wind more on the PN site and any problems with stormy weather far far to the East of our flying region.
We will go up the hill at 10.30am if the wind is still light. I hope for no more that a little safe flying in the valley, thermalling in the light thermals low down and would hope to be on the ground before any increasing winds start moving down. If we finish early then we could do the culture trip to Salamanca. Today I don’t think evening flying will be possible as things will be getting worse before the fronts fully pass through overnight.