Easterly flow. climbs to c2600m

Perhaps a better day than yesterday with a less marked inversion below take off level.  However still an inversion around 2200m, though we can expect climbs to about 2600m later in the day.  There is still the potential for strong E winds, though, like yesterday, most overdevelopment should be limited to the high mountain and the Avila valley.

At the moment the wind at launch (9am) is SE and the windsock is out, so about 10 to 15km/hr.  As the sun comes up more we can hope the anabatic wind will bring the wind onto the main launch, if not, then we will go to the southerly site at Chia.

I will be monitoring the wind to see if it has signs of changing.  There is no point in rushing to PN to wait there.  It is very common that even a strong SE wind will finally come onto PN.  Hopefully by 11am we will see some signs.  I will keep you informed by Telegram

Screen Shot 2016-08-10 at 09.11.21

Screen Shot 2016-08-10 at 08.57.09 Screen Shot 2016-08-10 at 08.56.04 Screen Shot 2016-08-10 at 08.58.24 Screen Shot 2016-08-10 at 08.55.25 Screen Shot 2016-08-10 at 08.53.55 Screen Shot 2016-08-10 at 08.58.41

Posted: Wednesday, August 10th, 2016 at 08:10 by Steve Ham in Daily Report.

Leave a response!

Leave a Comment

To avoid spam, there will be a delay while your first comment on the site is approved.

After this, use the same name / email and all further comments will be added immediately.

Welcome to the blog!

Please feel free to add comments to any of the items.

Note that to avoid spam, your first comment must be approved. If you use the same name and email, all further comments will be added immediately.

Search Posts

August 2016