Task cancelled on course

The forecast today was for winds around 20-25km W winds, moving round to the North. A dog leg towards Sotalvo castle and then back into the cross-headwind to Mu├▒ogalindo made the task impossible when the wind in the Ambles Valley picked up to over 30km/hr. With the imposibility of pilots making the turnpoint and the danger of flying full bar into the headwind in turbulent conditions, I cancelled the task at 15.38hrs.
Tomorrow a lighter wind forecast, so hopefully an easier day.

Posted: Wednesday, July 14th, 2010 at 18:07 by Steve Ham in Pre-Worlds 2010.

Leave a response!

Leave a Comment

To avoid spam, there will be a delay while your first comment on the site is approved.

After this, use the same name / email and all further comments will be added immediately.

Welcome to the blog!

Please feel free to add comments to any of the items.

Note that to avoid spam, your first comment must be approved. If you use the same name and email, all further comments will be added immediately.

Search Posts